PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius wannabees
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2012, 13:05
InflightFeather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A close friend of mine has worked there for a while.
What I found out, be carefull what you wish for.

The bad:

You will have to be very carefull about what you say and to who...

You might be flying with captains that are of a sub-standard.

A senior captain: wondered why the course kept changing while flying a track given by the FMS.

Given the explanation, he will think you are a circus act, a straight line on the globe must be quicker than a great circle track.....

Also be carefull not to catch hepatitis, you'll see yellow-eyed people everywhere. (could be a sympton of untreated hepatitis).

A lot of people drive like idiots, with no headlights at night or always high-beam. People crossing the highway on foot at night and day.

Overtaking in ways that will make you wonder, do they even know what happens in a head-on collision?

There is no guarantee that you will have electricity or tap water. It shuts off at-will, day or night.

Rarely saw tourists with a smile on their face, when they find out that their public transport is a 30 year old bus.

That same busses produce quite a bit of smog, while being on a island in the middle of the ocean, downtown still has quite a bad smog problem at times.

The GOOD:

There is one good thing about mauritius though. There are several operators, like Air france, Emirates, BA, Condor that will fly you out of mauritius if need be. (Got sick twice of the food on Air Mauritius flights myself).

The other good thing that comes to mind is they are absolutely desparate for pilots so the interview would be very easy ..sign on the dots though

Steer AWAY