PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad story about a high and mighty check airman
Old 12th Nov 2012, 21:03
jandakotcruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
AlGoreng, I suspect he was alluding to some Alteon simulator checkers who were ex-B757 and really believed the T-7 to be a supped up 757/767. These blokes have never physically flown a triple wheeled bogie B777 before and they think the sim is 100% accurate
It amazes me how the regulatory bodies can allow someone not originally fully rated and never physically flown the aircraft to be made instructor and check airman. For newly launched aircraft type, it is the manufacturer's test pilots certifying the factory instructors and checkers before they are let loose to train and check the customers' pilots. Likewise the customer airlines' flight ops trainers must have physically flown the aircraft before they train and check their trainees. Modern day ZFT level six simulators are nice and dandy, but absolute duds in replicating actual aircraft handling. I had done initial line training with ZFT pilot trainees who display " zero feel " for the aircraft, flying around like robots chasing the magenta line!