PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: CASA Regulatory Reform
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2012, 08:37
Stan van de Wiel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Empty skies are safe skies - nearly there

I find it strange that in the Caper decision no mention was made of the second reading of the Bill by Dept P.M Anderson in 1998 - it refers to CASA having a Safety role and not a Commercial one. All reference to Commercial to be removed? Wouldn't such a direction ( Acts Interpretation Act 1901) be an Original Intent overriding most that went before.

In their submission to the Court CASA have established that Charter is much more dangerous than RPT with a similar aircraft. Having established this in Court, why have they let Charter flying continue knowing it is so unsafe. Once this was discovered over 14 years ago, why didn't they immediately ground all Charter operators. I know of several cases where a Charter flight ended with fatal outcome. Does this make CASA complicit ? Any thoughts?

I conducted RPC note not RPT for nearly a year, halfway through my AOC was even renewed. When the interposed entity was changed to another, the whole of the operation became unsafe??? overnight, same pilots, same aircraft why didn't Caper use this approval ? Same situation even condoned by OLC and the CDPP.

The inter office emails soon to be released!

Stan