PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 10:16
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and I only wish BA pilots to have the same medicine one day.
Charming.

Perhaps you should have a look at the changes that BA pilots have accepted over the past decade and compare the relative wages paid to IB versus to hours flown.

BA pilots have had their medicine already thanks very much. Maybe you want to pepper your posts with truths and facts before waffling.

As to 'you'll be next', I personally have been hearing that for years. I've chatted with Willie Walsh on a number of occasions and he is a very clever man. Willie Walsh isn't a 'demon' as portrayed by the CC during their dispute, he is however a very astute businessman. He doesn't deal with anything on a personal level. The sooner some of the trolls on here understand that WW is responsible to the Board who are responsible to the shareholders then the basic business premises might be a little clearer.

The ones who put forward contingency planning and contentious change are the upper management of each individual member of the group. Willie Walsh risk analyses each and judges which would be too risky and which might be taken forward. He presents the various strategies to the Board who, with the input if the institutional investors and the majority shareholders, decide which would be worth pursuing. The implementation then goes back down the food chain.

Welcome to business.

Hence what is happening to Iberia is being driven by the Iberia management, not BA, nothing to do with BA and certainly nothing to do with those of us working the coal face at BA.

So get off your snide high horses and accept that this change was always going to come as the potential savings and investment opportunities into the future outweigh the costs involved in a minor industrial action spat.