PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 09:48
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hear, hear

I don't know why some brits have such opinions about Spain. Honestly! I am the number one criticizing Spain, but I have been in the UK and, man, the UK is not a model! I thought myself that it was. I went there and said "Ah, these british... They really know how to do things. Impressive people, these brits... So efficient, so disciplined...". Then after a few months I learnt that those are just myths. Nowhere near the british reality. I suppose you have an amazing good publicity, somehow. It really strikes me because I don't know what in your history makes you deserve such a good reputation. (Not that any country does...). The most striking of it all is that you, the brits yourselves, actually believe in that reputation. So IB staff are rude? And what are BA flight attendants and ground personnel??? They have barked me a few times, and I am a disciplined traveler, I swear. The rudest flight attendants I have endured have all been north european. Not that Iberia girls are as sweet as Qatar's...

As for the Iberia issue, I suppose that many in BA are relieved because thanks to the merger they have a bright future, now. The fact that the merger is sinking IB in the sh*t is just a coincidence, of course... It was inevitable after so many years of having profits, in spite of a couple of crisis, including 11S.

They didn't hire a pilot in 10 years. Did you guys know that? Ten years!! They have been trying hard to get rid of the pilot's T&Cs for longer than that. This is just the last or last but one act of a looooong story.

You know, guys, I don't give a sh*t about what you think about it. You are not going to have any influence in what is going to happen anyway, and I only wish BA pilots to have the same medicine one day.

As for your opinions about Spain... I am waiting for the mods to erase one or two posts here. Otherwise I will post. But please, folks, state where the hell you are from, so we can talk, ok?