PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2012, 07:31
Airbrake

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
I fly to Spanish destinations numerous times each month. Whilst I have no idea what is going on in the Boardroom of Iberia I see on a weekly basis examples of the Spanish malaise and "can't be bothered" attitude.

Whether, it is some of the shockingly unprofessional air traffic, lazy dispatchers or Air bridge operators who saunter up 10 minutes after the aircraft is ready to push having delayed 180 passengers. I have even had push back drivers leave their tug after push clearance because it's the end of their shift. Last weeks ground handling strikes in Madrid only put additional nails in the Spanish reputation.

What does all this have to do with Iberia? Well this attitude is endemic, and is almost a national character trait. There are of course hard working professionals but these are being over whelmed by the general malaise around them.

When I compare the major Spanish airports to other North European destinations which have far worse weather conditions they don't even come close. Instead of pointing the finger at BA they should be looking much closer to home.