PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2012, 09:25
albertofdz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of the stuff one must read.....

I´m going to go ahead and strip this down in chronological order:

1: IB CEO Fernando Conte is against a mere with BA. BA is deep in the RED due to a fantastic pension fund. BA cannot continue to grow in LHW. IB is doing very well on its own because it has a very specific market in South America, son it does NOT need BA under any circumstances.

2: Board of directors sacks mr. Conte, and replaces him with mr. Rafael Sanchez Lozano, he in turn will turn IB upside down, if he must, in order to fill his bank account with dirty money that he will be paid in order to allow the merge.

3: IAG is born.

4: IBX is created because IB short-medium haul routes are bleeding..... BS! Union tries by all means to block IBX from emerging, 1: because it goes against IB's pilots collective bargain, and this under Spanish law is ILLEGAL. 2: because it will obviously cause redundancy in IB.

5: IB union offers a package to the board of directors. This package includes IB co-pilots upgrading in IBX under IBX salary and conditions, and then moving back into IB by strict order of seniority. Board declines this measure, whilst it wont cost them a penny more.... wtf????

6: IBX grows whilst IB short-medium haul shrinks.

7: BA takes over some of IB long haul (and very profitable by the way) routes.

8: IB plans to sack 4500.

This is yet again another DRAKE scenario to which we have grown very accustomed to in Spain.

Don´t get me wrong, it is not entirely BA to blame, in fact, once again, this is a greedy Spaniards fault, motivated by a thirsty Brit.... I´m sorry if anyone feels hurt by such a harsh truth... Trust me, its going to hurt 4500 unemployed families, more than it will do to your ego.

Remember, it was IB´s gold that was pirated by BA.

It was a greedy bas...... who sold out IB, and turned his crew, now as slaves, into the eye strapped, parrot carrying, pirate from BA.

And by the way, were is the union when its most needed? Are BA pilots happy with this measure? What do they have to say about such an exploit? Why on earth do BA pilots pay BALPA??? Since december 2011 nothing has been said...... It would be wise for a union to have a say in this atrocity, after all, it is in their interest to not allow such a thing to happen, some day, it could be 4500 jobs from BA..

About IB being antiquated.... lets be serious, all large flag airliners are, they have a heavy amount of inertia, BA included.

Personally, I feel hurt and appalled by such madness.

As a Spaniard I feel sold out by businessmen, and sick of being stigmatized mainly by northern Europeans (lazy Spaniards sitting on their back sides all day long, leaching on European funds.....yes, that is exactly what many think about us, why else include us in a herd of swine.... I mean PIGS?), in Spain there are thousands, if not millions of extremely well prepared professionals who are fleeing in order to obtain a job, for instance, Spanish nurses are VERY welcome in England, Germany France......

As a Spaniard I envy governments that would never allow such a raid, and even though we protest every week in the streets, change is taking an awful long time to occur, although the message appears to be reaching the top layers.

So please, before writing any gibberish about IB, please get your facts together, and maybe try to learn something about the new generations in Spain. Start worrying about this matter seriously... Maybe tomorrow AA could be doing the same to BA.... Who knows..

Nice flights