PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to the USA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 10:32
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Multiple entry 10 year visa B1/2

I obtained one of these visas 8 years ago when I was told that my multiple planned entries to the US for the ski season would pose a problem

Not once did it make my life easy going through immigration. I was taken for questioning EVERY TIME I entered the US and subjected to pointless interviews wanting to know my "real intentions" for entering the country. The same question was asked every time, "why didn't you get a visa waiver?" I would explain the reason and they just kept repeating the question over and over. You would think the embassy that issued the visa to me would know that this was going to happen.

I later found out that the B1/2 visa is primarily for visiting business people who aren't actually working in the US but have conferences or meetings to attend. If you just wanted to hang out in the US for a few months a year I would suggest contacting your local embassy to arrange for an interview to explain what you want to do. Otherwise you may end up with more trouble than what it's worth. Then again I tried that and look what it got me!

Last edited by pilotchute; 3rd Nov 2012 at 10:38.