PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad story about a high and mighty check airman
Old 19th Oct 2012, 06:33
Namor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So true, AA. Got a mate who had just a bad day, not a disatrous sim check at all ( I spoke to the checker as well as the f/o ) but the anal checker deemed it fit to fail the guy because " he expected more, not just acceptable standards. " The poor bloke ( who already had some other stuff bothering him leading to the seemingly bad day ) was shattered and he was never the same for a long long time. It was only when he moved to another airline that he fully recovered his full confidence, becoming a superb trainer and checker.
Some years ago, a colleague was failed because he allegedly botched max crosswind landings. He did not fully remove the crab during a B777 sim check and the resulting T-7 " twisting shaking thingy " was deemed a bad landing. When he protested that such a fail grade was grossly unfair that would affect his career, the best the checker could come up with was, I quote " I have been failed thre times before and I am now a checker, no big deal! I will arrange your recheck ". I am no psychoanalyst but isn't this some kind of psychopathic behavior? Like, say, a psychopathic abuser who now abuse women because he was badly treated by girls in high school?