PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter aircraft catch fire in Turkey
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2012, 09:03
paparomeodelta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corendon fire

Brand på turistplan i Antalya | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Google translation:

A fire broke out on an airplane with Norwegian tourists when it would start from Antalya in Turkey early on Sunday morning. Several people jumped from the plane's wings and injured.
A total of 27 people taken to hospital.
After the smoke and flames in the front of the plane opened the emergency exits. Frightened passengers jumped from the plane's wings and at least one person should have been taken to hospital with leg injuries, according to a witness for Norwegian Adressa.no.
Charter plane was en route from Antalya to Trondheim and Alesund. The airline Corendon Airlines says it was 189 passengers and a crew of seven people on board when the fire broke out.
According to the travel company Detur have 27 people taken to hospital.
One of those who were aboard the plane was Idar Green from Verdal. He saw the smoke from a cabinet in front of the plane and tells Dagbladet.no of panic among the passengers.
- They opened the emergency exits in the front and I opened the one over the wing. Then we started to get out, says Green.
Chose to skip
Passengers first stood still on the high wing, but when they found out how it got up flames from the aviation front, many chose to jump.
- Then people started getting worried and we jumped down. Many injured his leg, says Green to Dagbladet.no.
It is at 09 o'clock unclear how many are injured and how serious injuries they have.
Emergency services arrived quickly to the scene and passengers booked on replacement flights to Ålesund and Trondheim later in the morning.

Picture:

Brand på turistplan i Antalya | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited by paparomeodelta; 14th Oct 2012 at 09:14. Reason: Added picture