PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - norvegian air shuttle jobs info
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 22:34
Blue06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

What's your stand on this (brilliant) statement?
Originally Posted by PropsAreForBoats
This will sort itself out. The lowcosts are killing the majors, or bringing them down to their level. So the irony is - you are killing the very companies you hope to progress to.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are working for a major, why would you be worried? Unless of cause it is SAS, than I would be very worried, as they prospects are not the best!
How many times do we have to tell you; EVERY airline, will(sooner or later), be forced to lower their T&C in order to be competitive with the LCC.

You talk a lot about being united. How are we supposed to manage that when there's always someone "on the outside" willing to take my job for 1/5 of my pay?

Originally Posted by Truckflyer
One comment said NAS, would be crippled by a long strike, so if this is correct, where are they going to get the extra money to improve TCs from?
Raise the prices. Sure, some passengers will stop flying and there might be cutbacks also in DY. That's perfectly fine.
I will not work for peanuts so every kid with a "rich daddy syndrome" can pay their way into the cockpit. You're not entitled to get a job just because you have a pilots license. If 43 is your correct age, I'm sure you remember the 90's, when every other taxi driver in Oslo had a pilots license.

Its been done before. According to the media, Coast Air konkurs - Innenriks - Dagbladet.no this airline went belly-up in 2008 because their pilots didn't want to fly for "nothing". Brilliant decision! Sure, some 50-60 pilots where out of jobs for a while, but it helps keeping the T&C up to an acceptable standard. I'm sure if they've had hundreds of newbies willing to pay2fly, the outcome would have been very different.

So... all the best to the Cabin Crew at Norwegian for the upcoming "dispute" on Wednesday... Hopefully they'll have bigger balls than the spineless pilots