PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your UK CAA I/R lapsed by more than 7/6/3 years?
Old 4th Oct 2012, 15:30
Sciolistes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Until now, those airline pilots who did not want to fly single pilot IFR in their spare time just let their multi IR(A) lapse (almost all of us). However, this part of CAP804 implies that only a valid IR(A) within the preceding 7 years will keep the exam passes valid - there is no mention of a valid type rating achieving the same thing - is that just an oversight, or is that somewhere else in a document??
It is more than possible that I don't fully understand these rules anymore. I always understood, under LASORS/JAA, your exams expired with more than seven years expiry of any IR or TR.

Regardless, I would have thought for anybody with a type rating, your old ME/IR is irrelevant. Surely the 737 300-900 series IR I have on my license which is required to hold a 300-900 type rating is thee relevant IR in this case. The 737 IR is re-validated/renewed every time I complete a 737 LPC so it has the same expiry.