PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad story about a high and mighty check airman
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 20:13
Jehovah Elohim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread got to me through several emails and some of those smart arse email senders thought it was very relevant to me!

Well, I had been a hard nosed ass kicking check airman in another life. I had been tough and I minced no words during my debriefings. However I do not deliberately knock someone down for no reason. Going through my notes, I had never ever failed someone due to one particular poor item if he/she had demonstrated good performance overall, unless it was something resulting iin a crash or severe damage. I would then give a poor grade with a recommendation for further enhancement training during the next recurrent proficiency training.

There was a few occasions whereby I did amend the failing grade like the poster Mr gerago did. It wasn't too difficult a task if one had the trust, credibility and stature that the company and regulatory body respect. I had no compunction whatsoever in undoing my mistakes when it was fully justified to do so.

Will I make a deathbed confession? Not likely. I sincerely believe I had corrected those mistakes I had made unless there is evidence to show otherwise. I hope this will put an end to those do gooders who emailed me to save me from a death bed confession.

Last edited by Jehovah Elohim; 3rd Oct 2012 at 21:57.