PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Richard Bach injured
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2012, 11:11
RenegadeMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yikes.....there is no pity (for those) in Judgement City

Hey there Hasel Checks,

While I appreciate your understanding of biblical wisdom and guidance (and I'm not kidding, I'm a Christian and believe in God.....but not with most of the "Jesus" baggage that many Christians carry) I think your judgement around Richard Bach's life choices and experiences is bordering on appalling.

Richard Bach is, for many of us, the epitome of a person who has been able to articulate in so many wonderful, diverse and unique ways the feelings that many of us as pilots experience and that "in stepping over the edge into the darkness we'll either find our footing on the next piece of ground or learn how to fly away" (not word for word but roughly one on RB's quotes). I personally found much to celebrate in Richard's writings, especially Bridge Across Forever. So his relationship with Leslie broke down....who are you to judge him for this and what does it mean anyway? Sharing a life with someone is an incredibly complex activity; successfully achieved by very few (and by "successfully" I mean couples who haven't sold out on each other's dreams and actually improve the opportunity to realise them.....very rare I think).

The Bible has much substance and authority to guide a human through the complex experience that is human life, but please don't write someone's choices and lifestyle off because you think it's clearly labelled "New Age". RB has added enormous substance and goodness to my life and for that I thank him profusely. I wish him all the best and hope we'll see more writing from him.

I think when it comes to summing up an individual's life, what they've done, how they've behaved and what their pathway has been, the age old "Judge not lest ye be judged" is the most appropriate motto (and no I won't be quoting the biblical verse reference numbers....)

All the very best to you Richard Bach (and good life to you too Hasel Checks)