PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 12th Sep 2012, 10:20
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Yes.

I'd do a PPL reasonably quickly first so that you're not on too flat a learning curve. To do that, you need the funds to startwith. But buy the groundschool books now and whilst you are building up the money to do your PPL flying, learn the material you'll need for the ground exams. Navigation will be a struggle, because it's hard to understand until you've done some actual cross-country flying, but the rest you can certainly do before any flying.

Then, slowly but post PPL, you can build up funds towards the CPL course whilst doing the relatively inexpensive distance learning groundschool (assuming you do it that way) and some steady hourbuilding knowing enough about yourself and flying to know if you really want to carry on that way.

Doing a flying course slowly is the expensive way in the long run. I made that mistake on my CPL and probably added 10 hours doing so, which is a lot of cash!