PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 12th Sep 2012, 07:59
FoJohansson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone, i finally made the decision to quit my current education plan and go modular to hopefully end up as a hired pilot anywhere. Even if i fail Iam sure I would feel better to have tryed my best in terms of aviation, rather then done nothing at all.

Now to my quastion: I have managed to get hold of a job which salary able´s me to save 1000 euros every month. Iam aware of that this might not seem much, and that it will take me several years to complete this little project of mine, but would you guys who went modular, advise me to save up to a respectfully sum of cash (e.g the sum of the whole PPL) before actually beginnning the training?
(or perhaps save up even more?)

In doing this I would gain the advantage of always beeing one step ahead of my education regarding its financing I guess, although I want to start flying as soon as possible.

You guys who went modular, how did you finance the project? and beyond all, any other advises to a beginner?