PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad story about a high and mighty check airman
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 06:37
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears that many people suffer from bitter regrets upon their deathbed, so this friend of babablackships isn't alone. After reflecting upon this post, I remembered one particular nurses story.

As a palliative care nurse, she spent much time with people unloading their regrets onto her. She ended up writing a book about the subject, called "The Top Five Regrets of the Dying".

The book won't help babablackships mate much, but it sure is a good guide on how to live your life, to minimise regrets when you get old.

Here's the link to her blog. I don't think I've read so many home truths in one webpage.

Inspiration and Chai

The fact that babablackships mate is afflicted with terminal cancer is not unusual. I firmly believe that many cancers are incurred via internalising deep bitterness, anger and hatred.
The old saying "what's eating you?" has more than a passing basis in fact. People who are permanently angry, harbour constant bitterness, and carry hatred with them daily, generally end up burning out rapidly, as their anger and bitterness eats at them.

Babablackship - SWMBO thought up an interesting action. She suggested that your mate write letters to the blokes he wronged, and pour out his apologies to them. Then he could try and locate them, and send the letters to them.

Even if he can't find them, or the letters don't reach them, he may find a degree of personal satisfaction in knowing that he tried to address his wrongdoing before he parts the veil.