PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Streamline Aviation Short 360 rating???
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2001, 21:39
Wilfred

Tedbaker, my recommendation would be to take soundings from all the Shed operators. Give them a call and see what their requirements are and base your decision on that. Also ask the operators what they think of the Streamline deal.

For what it is worth, about 6 years ago I was looking for my first job, and was pushing Loganair. However, I was told by various sources that they would only look at someone with the SD 360 Tech exam under their belts. So I did it. Admitedly not the 7k you are talking about, but another wodge of wonga that I did not have. About 6 six months later I got the job, and a few of my contemporaries still had no sniff of a job. I had 260 hours when I started with Loganair to give you a benchmark.

I am not telling you that you should spend 7k. However, look at the market for Shed pilots, and take a decision based on your findings. My decision got me going, and 6 years down the road I am flying B757/767 for Britannia with interviews next month with Cathay and BA. I offrer this up as a ray of hope and not to be a swanky boots.

7k is a large amount of dough, so get as much info before you commit.

Good luck amigo.