PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2012, 14:24
LTCTerry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What to say?

I'm a hard-working middle-aged guy. I like to be treated well. There's only one rather successful way I've found to be treated that way. If you have to ask...

I try to treat people as if they are as capable, professional, and as wonderful as I like to think I am.

I learned a long time ago that if I dress nicely*, say "please" and "thank you," simply show my boarding pass, stow my bag(s), sit down, buckle up, make eye contact, smile, take my headphones off as I see the CC coming my way, and never forget that I am only 1 of many I have a great flight.

I've made enough transatlantic flights to have seen some of the same crew. I've never been poorly treated.

We have a saying in the US Army that "you don't get what you expect; you get what you inspect." Not the same as The Golden Rule, but I've found if you ask people for help in a polite manner you will rarely be let down.

Thanks to all of you for what you put up with and who you have to deal with. I'll continue to do my best to make your job easier.

Terry

*So, why do some people dress like absolute trash? Mostly Americans, unfortunately. I don't wear a suit, but often a coat and tie. I was in the Navy in a much younger life. One captain on my ship realized that the better people dressed the better they behaved. He had strict rules about what sailors wore when going ashore on liberty in foreign ports. Maybe he had something there.