PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 08:54
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post by WWW

You can talk until you're blue in the face. It's completely futile. There are hoards of wannabes willing to partake in such schemes and I guess until people are physically unable to access capital, then there always will be. The two largest lo-costs (EZY & FR) show massive comparisons. Poorly remunerated contracts, temporary basing, over-crewing of FOs and henceforth a decline in rostered hours. More seasonal operations and a reduction in growth has shown that prospects down the line (time to command, training positions, permanent contracts) are now dwindling.

This is FACTUAL and if those with the cheque books burning a hole in their pockets stopped for a moment then they would possibly avoid the predicament that they are going to be faced with. If you are banking on the fact that either A) you'll get a few hours and jump ship to the likes of BA, MON or one of the Middle Eastern carriers or B) things will pick up and all this is just a blip then I'd say you'd be faced with the roughly the same odds as becoming one of the hundred millionaires in the UK lottery draw this evening. A few will be lucky but the vast majority will not.

As much as this is a thread dedicated to Monarch and those fortuitous enough to join, it should be used as an example to those eager to join the likes of EZY or FR as cadets. However I'm more than prepared for it to be comprehensively ignored and much like WWW, be accused of being a miserable barsteward.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 27th Jul 2012 at 08:57.