PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: CASA Regulatory Reform
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2012, 03:32
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm sure we can all nut out the meaning of regs like this given time, but it must be possible to lay them out in such a way that the meanings are more readily apparent.

The requirements of this Subpart in relation to an application for a particular kind of authorisation are in addition to any requirements of the Part or Subpart that deals with the kind of authorisation.
That's hardly simple English. As I read it, it's saying "there is (or may be) another Part or Subpart dealing with the kind of authorisation in question, so be aware the requirements in this subpart are not the only ones."

Something like that that tells you what they're actually driving at in a straightforward way would help immeasurably.

Maybe we need an official book that tells you in plain language what your responsibilities are, as well as the legalese book that applies in a court of law.

I don't mean something that a third party such as a flying school or maintenance training organisation writes out as their interpretation of the regs, but something released by CASA that's aimed to translate the legal stuff into real world language (with the clear caveat that the legal stuff is binding). A kind of 'what the hell we meant when we wrote this section' guide.

Last edited by Arm out the window; 17th Jul 2012 at 03:38.