PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2012, 14:57
infoask10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions about DART

Hi everybody. Can someone answer few reasonable questions about DART? I have read that the priorities are:
1)Avoid conflicts;
2)Use less commands;
3)Pass checkpoints accurately
So my questions are: First of all I want to know if all applicants will have exactly the same scenarios. I don't think that someone must have only the right abilities to guide the aircrafts, sometimes luck helps. For example if you have many passive a/cs in your way and you cannot do anything to avoid them then you will have a conflict whatever you do.
Second I want to ask If our aircraft is not going to pass accurately through the checkpoint is it better to change the heading at last moment? If we don't pass accurately then we lose points,also if we give more commands we also get lower scores.So what is better to do? I have the same question about the order of the checkpoints.Sometimes the initial heading of the a/c will pass through a checkpoint with the wrong order and this will deduct points. Is it better to give command and change the heading? Also changing the altitude to avoid conflicts is important but If in our scenario is needed to do this many times then points will be deducted?I think the goal and rules of DART are fully explained but it's not clear how you lose points and what is the best to for getting high scores.