PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 16th Jun 2012, 17:46
Uniform267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is how I currently see it - you are paying up to £100,000 (incl. living) for the airline connections made for you by the FTO. The biggest question on my mind is really.. is this worth it???

I don't want to go integrated. I have nothing at all bad to say about the FTOs (apart from being turned off by the glossy, glossy brochures) but I just cannot justify spending such a vast sum of cash on what seems to be a slightly more advantageous position in terms of applying to a FO position on a jet, which, at the moment, appeals to me very little!

What worries me though is just how significant the extra 60k spent at OAA/CTC etc becomes later on. I would imagine an integrated pilot (lets say 200hrs, hired straight out of FTO X into carrier X) would experience a quicker progression in terms of salary, type etc, whilst I have been given the impression from a few modular-hired guys that its easy to get stuck in a low paying job with little room for a break into anything bigger. Whilst Modular is far cheaper, it doesn't work out cheaper if you don't earn anything for 2 years after completing it...

Apologies for this as I know it's been done to death - However thoughts v. much appreciated......i just cannot make my mind up!

Cheers

Last edited by Uniform267; 16th Jun 2012 at 17:47.