PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Hold Pool (FO's)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2012, 16:53
archer_737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatbus,

No, this means that I was expecting more from these guys.

Aviation sucks right now, 70 or 80% of the pilots are having short term contracts or problems with their current companies (example of IB pilots in Spain), and when they expect to move to some stable and nice place, they discover the ugly truth and that is that EK is not the exemption.
They present themselves as a professional, respectful and modern company (and I'm sure they are) but if they need they won't hesitate at all to suck your ass deep and hard.
I did my job, got the minimum hours, prepared for the assessment and did it well. And now I'm at home reading these emails and honestly I just can't believe it.

Some guy is asking if they are giving priority or not to the Airbus experienced guys and the answer is YES, definitely. One of the guys with me in Dubai (flying 320) has received already an email saying he's starting soon (maybe July). Another one just received the "second type" of email.
And by "second type" email I mean that they're sending 2 kinds of emails. First one, like mine, is that they didn't have time to review my profile and to pass it through the approval procedure so they're unable to give you a welcome or "yes you did it".

The second one is exactly the same email but changing some paragraphs. These different sentences are quite important because even if they inform them that EK is experiencing some delays, they tell them that they have been included in the pool so they have been found suitable for a F/O position.

Who is receiving this email? The Airbus guys. If you fly in an Airbus they take 2 minutes to review your application and to tell you YES you're in.
If not, you get the 1st kind of email and you're basically ******.