PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain 'subdued' aboard JetBlue flight
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2012, 14:35
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure jetblue will lose this court case...they should settle right now and get it out of the headlines.

anyone remember when the sister of a famous film maker sued American for turbulence and got over 2 million dollars? (spielberg was film maker in question). DC10 near Detroit hit T storm, dropped and people screamed...she won pretty fast.

those of us who have been around the block have seen some pretty wacky guys out there. some of us have actually gone to chief pilots and said something like: are you sure so and so is OK? Or : why does so and so like to cancel IFR? (at a big airline...yup).

But nothing is done...why? Sometimes UNIONS will spend a fortune defending a guy who isn't very good, but is smart enought to threaten to sue the union.

OF course jetblue pilots don't have a union.

With all the video, I think this court case will be open and shut...especially if tried in the court of public opinion first.

Funny how jet blue has high marks for customer service, low marks for pilots and USAIR has high marks for pilots (sully) and low marks for customer service.
I'll fly USAIR before jetblue anyday.