PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salaries of IndiGo co-pilots
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2012, 06:33
Torque Skylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UnrewardedG

Appreciate your concern over this issue.
For a guy who comes from a middle class family his passion has to be decided accordingly to his family income where his father earns just about 30,000 thousand per month.

My 1 friend is from a middle class family like me, he had a big dream like all of us do, so he spend about 22 lakhs for his CPL and then he did a instructor course for about 6 lakhs as there were no jobs in India only option was TR but that was about 18 lakhs that is out of our reach ( So total 22 + 6 = 28 lakhs)

He got a job as a instructor.
Now he does about 2 hrs of flying everyday earns about 20$ per hour i.e about 40$ per day = 40*43NZD= 1720 Rs/day. so 30 days is about 52000 Rs per month, but The house rent (sharing) + traveling + food itself is 1000$ per month so that is 43000Rs, so money earned is 9,000rs per month.

So start is not so good but at-least he has the job and building hrs on the 152.
He will later upgrade and become a C cat instructor. that's about 1 year from now.
Then his per hour rate will increase.

Life is not so pleasant , but there is a ray of hope.

It all depends If you get in an airline then you will recover the money in about 3years max or even less than 3 years. OTHERWISE its gonna be a big problem for a middle class guy.