PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Hold Pool (FO's)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2012, 20:50
Orvilles dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ek Hold Pool

Orville, the 'bus driver, attended DXB in early March, stayed the full period, had a good exit interview and was told he was in, subject to references and medical tests being o.k.

Thereafter, deafening silence. We guess "no news is good news" and that he is in the Hold Pool. After all, surely they would say if he had an untreatable case of "the dreaded lurgi"?

What I find strange is that EK don't communicate with its future workforce. It would be so easy to drop the Pool a line saying " thanks, you are accepted as a FO. As you've seen, we're up to our eyeballs processing DEC's at present so we don't have time to process our successful FO's yet. Don't worry, though, we'll get back to you shortly with a CCQ/TR start date once we finish the DEC's."

That would cost nothing, but would calm you guys down and let you sleep at night - Orville's pacing the floor at night is keeping his mum and I awake!

I wonder what this absolute incompetence by HR means for your future careers at EK. They don't seem too supportive or helpful at present - BA did it better in my day...

OD