PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your UK CAA I/R lapsed by more than 7/6/3 years?
Old 28th May 2012, 23:00
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wet vee two

You read my post from FL610 ? Sorry I am not with you on this

Reference tantrum. Sorry, you misunderstood me. I copied and pasted from Lasors and it was soo small I made the font larger and made the part I am referring to in bold so you understood the part I am referring to ie 3. Complete the type rating training at the discretion of the Head of Training at a JAA Approved TRTO.

Reference your comment What utter bol@x. If your referring to the stance from the UK CAA, I agree. If you're referring to my comment, well that's your opinion. I am talking from experience. Myself and many here in Qatar spent the best part of a year sending and receiving e-mails from the CAA to find out how we can put the ratings we gained here in the middle east onto our UK JAA licenses and to cut a long story short, If you are a First Officer and you have a P2 license here in the desert, the UK CAA will not recognise it and its not worth the paper it is written on is about the sum of it.

Myself and at least 50 pilots, most being First Officers based here in Qatar have made the trip back to the UK to do as I have mentioned earlier.

The information I am giving is the information given to us direct from the CAA at Gatwick. E-mail them and ask and let me know how you get on

[email protected]

Last edited by Black Pudding; 28th May 2012 at 23:08.