PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 25th May 2012, 14:56
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"RYR or nothing."

Sadly, it's that mentality that is the reason so many 200hr modulars are unemployed.

----

Even if you just want to limit yourself to a jet there's a lot more on the horizon than RYR. A couple of months ago NAX were taking on fATPLs for their 737s, modular was accepted. Don't know why so many people are so eager to jump on a jet anyway, has nobody thought how boring it would get flying jets for a 40 year career? If you're 25 when you get onto a 737, come 45 you'll probably be bored of it.

And when you're bored you might want to explore other things like bush flying, but then you're faced with pretty bad pay if you want to support a family.

Have fun flying, do fun things. Instruct, aerial survey etc. When a family is on the horizon then hit the jets up and try to get better pay.

There are jobs out there for 200hr modulars but you just need to find them. And there are aerial survey jobs, instructing etc for newbies but they aren't advertised. You have to find them yourself.

Can't pay your loan back on an instructors wage? I wouldn't get into this industry in debt tbh, work and save up. If you live at home with no commitments you could work on minimum wage and have enough money for modular within 3 years.

This post is mainly aimed at those young guys who just want to go to CTC or OAA. Think guys! You probably don't have a family, go do some real flying! If you truly loved flying you'd explore all types of flying rather than just passenger jets. And modular is the way for doing all this.

But maybe some of you 18 year olds just want to show your Monarch uniform to your school teachers.

If you're a lot older than 18, than I can see why integrated is the better option for you. I just can't get my head round why teenagers are itching to go on a £100k course and fly a jet until they are 66 years old.

Last edited by pudoc; 25th May 2012 at 15:01.