PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX SO: All you need to know
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2012, 03:56
AndontcallmeShirley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA28r200hp
You will never afford a descent place to live for your whole career.
Your family will breathe the worst polluted air on the planet
Your S/O hours dont count
You will experience a constant reduction in salary and conditions over your whole career
You will always be bumped off trying to get home with staff travel
You have no pension

airgent:

I am a current CX pilot on the new terms. I will tell you that all of the above is absolutely true. You are the cheapest option to the company and your package and subsequent lifestyle reflects it. If you are 21 then it's not a bad little gig for a few years before moving on but if you are a bit older (maybe 30+) then quite frankly it's a complete insult. Try supporting a family on just your CX package (not including savings etc)... It it IMPOSSIBLE and I fail to see how any moderately paying job in your home country wouldn't give you a MUCH higher standard of living.

This new package is largely indicative of why guys come on here and moan; Because the company is slowly trying to reduce everybody's terms to the lowest common denominator and has been since 1993; i.e local terms. And if/when that ever happens they will come back looking for more still. The management culture is to try to take everything they can from you to increase profits; medical benefits, staff travel, housing, roster stability, etc etc. THIS is why guys are bitter. Because everything you have is constantly being eroded. Personally, I think if you do decide to come here you need to make it work for you, in a similar way how guys can use Q-Link/Ryanair/Generic US Regional etc. But be under no illusions, it is NOT a career airline for new guys.

I hope that helps you understand the attitude of some guys on here claiming to be CX pilots.