PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 16th May 2012, 10:08
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was an election and a bunch of MPs decided to vote together, thus forming a government.
Unfortunately

That's how it works, that they don't all belong to the same party is of no importance.
Actually it is of great importance. With the deals done in the background, a minority get their moment of importance and the ability to force up the majority policies that would prevent them being elected to govern in their own right. It bemuses me how our system permits a party forming a Guvinmint with the votes of Independants. They are independant, and elected as such. Therefore they should not have the power to choose who governs. To me, these people are pretty much guilty of Fraud/false advertising, or whatever you want to call it. You advertise yourself as independant, then pseudo join a political party....they should goto jail!

The opposition is a coalition as well, always. (Hence the name)
Maybe its about time the Nat's seperated and stood on their own 2 feet again. Many people i know would love a 3rd viable option. Brown sandwiches mob just don't cut the mustard. (yes i know he quit, but with the damage that clown has done, they shall remain titled brown sandwiches mob in my mind..unless they actually do something good)

Last edited by jas24zzk; 16th May 2012 at 10:08.