PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 16th May 2012, 02:23
baswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frank,

Did you miss the part where I said:

Anyone who believes any government can control how much we pay for housing is a fool, for instance. And the other guys make plenty of promises along the lines of "making things more affordable" when they have no power to do so. We are a market economy, after all.
The last thing I will ever worship is any politician. The choice is always between the lesser of two evils.

If Centrelink removed the disability pension for people with dyslexia, agrophobia, sexual indecision, and those that left their mothers breast too soon, the unemployment index would raise to 10%, which is how many people are "unemployable" at any index in any country on any date.
The same is true for any country, some even more so that ours (think Western European countries) and so that doesn't change the comparison between two countries if you are trying to determine which one is doing relatively better.

It is disappointing you are pointing the finger at me for being "culpable" when all we have is a difference of opinion on what are sound economic and fiscal practices. You nor I are omniscient beings that know with certainty what the right way forward is. All we have is opinion.