PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 15th May 2012, 00:42
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5% unemployment (half that of the US), Watch this space, inflation half what it was 10 years ago Not true, 2.77% ten years ago and 3.42% last year and over 1.5% this first qtr. and interest rates almost half compared to 4 years ago Ahhh May 2008 8.7% vs 6.99 and at a level indicative of a healthy economy. I don't think so! Not to mention company bankruptcies being down every quarter for the past year and a half. (as far as back I bothered to look.) Are you sure, go to ITSA and have a look, from the 08 crash 8564, 8427, 8052 and so far this year 6734 which annualised is a record 8979

I just don't understand where you get the idea the economy is dead in the water. You don't? FFS Bas, mate read all the stuff in red, and I am not trying to pick fights or play polotics with you, because you are a mate, and I need you to get onto some more work for me shortly so I need you to stay in business too.

So, we have the Murdoch News Network telling me we are all stuffed (contrary to the facts) and their saviour is promising sweeping changes to fix it, while being shy on details. I don't see what good could come of that. Murdoch press.... who on earth are they?

I am voting for the one that goes: "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Political leaning is irrelevant, facts and common sense are. Yep, and my political belief has nothing to do with all the customers, suppliers, courier drivers and everyone else I talk to.
Ok now for an interesting read, while I go do some work!

Sweden’s secret recipe | The Spectator