PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 Medical DGCA
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 17:51
pilotbaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"since 2008 it is long time . u need to check with DGCA , if they have trashed your PMR u need to do class 2 again and thereafter class 1.

you need to write later to DGCA mentioning your case . if you are granted NOC
directly for class 1 well and gud.

smimilar was case of my friend his last medical class1 was in 2008 and he renewed this year. he was mentioned on letter to do class 2 again and once its updated he can apply for class 1. his file no was kept same . "

You will have to a INITIAL class 1 again. There is no doubt about that but the rest of the info abt doing doing a class 2 again is not true, it may have been an isolated case where the guy did not know how to talk in DGCA.

I have just renewed my Indian Class 1 med after 14 yrs, DGCA as usual, had lost my old File, my medical records for 22 yrs. Since I had to do another Initial medical again, I just went & talk to Wg Cdr in DGCA, wrote an application & he just signed it off, no need to do another class 2 again.

If you are in Northern part of India, then I would recomend going to AFCME, get a date & put a request for PMR forwarding.

Getting NOC is the easiest, they will take email request & email you when your NOC is ready to pick up.

DGCA has changed a little bit for the better over these years...