PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook pilot v RAF Movers
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 09:26
November4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I am not saying that AA and am sure that people do complain at the time. But who do they complain to? The SAC / Cpl who has said no? Or to the DAMO / Officer? Or do they save it up until the can complain on here or in a book years later?

But here's a question - who has actually read the book or the passage that this thread is all about?

Why do you think he was no able to get on an aircraft?

Was it because he was not booked to the flight and turned up saying he needed to go home...or was he booked to the flight and the Mover was being bloody minded and said he couldn't fly for now other reason than he could.

If he needed to get home due to say complications with his wife who was pregnant why was he not booked or why didn't his chain of command use the Comp System?

I'm afraid that the 3 or 4 pages where he says about his problems in getting home come across as a case of "I'm aircrew and an officer put me on that plane". Especially with a comment along the lines of it's a big aircraft, 1 more pax won't make any difference or affect the trim just show.

I totally disagree with the comments and reviews on Amazon. There are far more appropriate ways to complain about the book than that. Likewise there are some Movers who are difficult and will stick to the rules no matter what but if he had turned up with the proper auth then he would have flown home and not had to write a rant in his book.