PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Beechcraft prepares to file for bankruptcy protection.
Old 9th May 2012, 20:17
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would think some one would have figured that out, BEFORE they built the plane, especially knowing the SJ30 was out there at the time, coming on down the road and what it could offer.
The numbers they told us in 1995 (!) when my old boss ordered one on the NBAA looked just sweet. In 2001, when the plastic rocket still wasn´t delivered (planned for 1998) we cancelled the contract and went for a CJ2. The boss had a 4000 (or then Horizon) on order and a 850 bought as interim with a guaranteed buyback when the 4000 would be delivered. Then that date slipped time and again and Hawker backed out of the contract.

This guy has owned several KingAirs (200s and 350s), a BJ400A, a Hawker 850 and ordered both the Premier and the 4000 .... he told me he will never ever buy a Hawker product again. He now owns a CL300.

They are the authors of "how not to treat your customers".

Which is a shame, cause I love the KingAir and still think its one of the best airplane around...