PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greenpeace activists paraglides into French nuclear reactor
Old 4th May 2012, 07:48
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tidal has always seemed a great plan to me with some very interesting engineering problems to be over come.
The problem with Tidal is the damage they can cause to marine life! Seals, Dolphins and fish.
One area I do back Greenpeace is the massive damage we do to the marine world with fishing practices and the criminal way some of the beautiful creatures are killed just for a fin or gill as in Sharks and manta rays as well as beautiful whales.
Fishermen drag huge nets across the sea bottom destroying everything that lies in its path from corals to creatures just to fish one type.
We cannot loose sight of what constitutes protecting the environment by covering our beautiful countryside in huge man made contraptions or turning green fields into black solar panels in the name of green.
Neither can we stick everything out of sight in the sea without realising that that world needs equal protection.
While I am all for being efficient with the use of our energy supplies I still feel that Nuclear has to supply the majority.
For me Modern technology Nuclear located in the right areas is green energy.
The biggest problem is waste and dealing with that safely and securely maybe blasting it into space is not so far fetched? Ie Nuclear waste rockets.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 4th May 2012 at 07:59.