PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 37.5 degree angle of bank, one engine out, gear down and at 500 feet
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:56
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was also under the impression that EFATO procedures are to select gear up and be at v2 or v2 + 10 at 35 feet. Then continue to climb to a minimum of 400 feet agl, straight ahead (unless an emergency turn is stated fro the runway in use) (in other words ignore the SID). At 400 feet or higher (800 for most operators) level acceleration for flap retraction, and attain best angle of climb speed,then select MCP and continue to 1500 feet AAL. Then manouever. This will keep the aircraft in the SPLAY and guarantee at least 35 feet obstacle clearance (nett flight path).

It has been my experience that a lot of pilots are poorly trained in this procedure and new pilots not trained in the theory.
Is that a 737 procedure only Tony? I only ask because it's certainly not the approved manner of handling engine failures on some other types, and in any event ignoring the SID could bring you a world of pain departing many airports.

Mind you I don't think the guys in the Amsterdam near accident were using any recognised procedure.....