PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Airport 'may not cope during Olympics'
Old 30th Apr 2012, 11:05
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrived BRS late afternoon Friday on a flight from GVA. After the very long walk from gate 1 (including three flights of stairs) arrived in the immigration hall. The two queues were labeled: "EU/EEA passports" and "All passports". Many non-ff Swiss passengers headed for the "All passport line". Both queues quite long (to the stairway). Halfway along the queues were then labeled "EU/EEA/Swiss passports" and "All non-EU/EEA" passports (Yes this confused the normally bright Swiss). So almost everyone in my queue was trying to get into the other queue giving rise to moans and groans in both queues. Once past this point I got straight to an agent and out. Waited for my British wife for about 10 minutes.

There was a ground agent (not Border Control) sitting on a high chair at the end of the queue pointing to the agent that was free. Is it really better to employ a person for this mindless job that employ a simple flashing light? (And how about some signs in languages other than English)

Of course the magic machine designed to let Brits through faster wasn't working (the hours were posted). Couldn't see why it was only open a few hours a day. If they needed a body to redirect those that the machine misdirected they could have taken that lady off her high chair.