PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2012, 00:43
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jcjeant

from Interim Report #3 F-GZCP. Downloaded and copied from my Apple ipad.

At 2 h 12 min 02, the PF said, “I have no more displays, and the PNF “we have no valid indications”. At that moment, the thrust levers were in the IDLE detent and the engines’ N1’s were at 55%. Around fifteen seconds later, the PF made pitch-down inputs. In the following moments, the angle of attack decreased, the speeds became valid again and the stall warning triggered again.

//////Interim Report n°3
On the accident on 1st June 2009 to the Airbus A330-203 registered F-GZCP
operated by Air France
flight AF 447 Rio de Janeiro - Paris
Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la sécurité de l’aviation civile
Ministère de l’écologie, du développement durable, des transports et du logement//////

Old Carthusian. Thanks, you are right, and I would include the text on the page from which this comments arrive, also. It describes a a/c severely in UPSET, but from which a recovery is made. Also, the PF's side of the panel is not recorded, as you can see, and I do not doubt him, PJ2 has inferred proper displays as you have. That is fine, but let's not forget that we have actual evidence, in the two pilot's actual voices.

jcjeant what pages are you copying from #3? Are there different iterations of the report? Mine is of 114 pages long, downloaded some while ago. Do not tell me it has been altered/modified?

Last edited by Lyman; 28th Mar 2012 at 00:56.