PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to launch Hong Kong based carrier
Old 27th Mar 2012, 11:33
neville_nobody

Received 146 Likes on 65 Posts
the guys are doing very well. Bringing home a very good salary, and so far from what I have heard is EBA guys are queuing up to get onboard!! 20000+k a month is not bad for 15 days work in anyone's language!!
That's a rather misleading statement as living as a non citizen anywhere in the world is expensive.

I would suggest that 240K in Singapore wouldn't leave alot left over if you had 2-3 kids. Remember you are paying full fare for schooling/health. Rent is expensive, cost of living is expensive. Don't get me wrong 240k is reasonable but you won't be living large by any stretch of the imagination.

Why do you think Emirates offer schooling/health/accommodation as part of their package?

Same goes for Jetstar HKG. As a small airline there won't to many problems. However if it is successful and grows I don't know how they will crew it. You can't cut corners on expat salaries and the cost of training local Chinese crews would be prohibitive.

Jetstar Australia get free pilots that ain't going to happen in Asia if you want a big airline.