PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your UK CAA I/R lapsed by more than 7/6/3 years?
Old 16th Mar 2012, 11:22
5 Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone was asking about Lasors 2008. I have copies of Lasors 2006, 08 & 10. In Lasors 06 & 08. It clearly states, under Renewal of an IR (A).

Where IR privileges have been exercised in another category of aircraft i.e. UK/JAR IR(H) or under the privlileges of an ICAO licence (aeroplanes & helicopters) or under military IR qualification (fixed wing or rotary), the renewal requirements will be base on the expiry date of THAT IR.

If you did not meet that requirement & 7 years has lapsed you must resit the exams.

It changed in Lasors 2010 & also affects the military boys & girls. Where your JAA IR has lapsed more than 7 years you must reset your exams. After speaking to an insider, there are no ex aircrew in FCL. They have taken JAA (just like the judges in human rights laws in the UK) to the 9th degree! It says this, so thats that. Typical civil servants!

I have registered with the guy in BALPA who is handling it. He is hopeful this mess can be turned around, as JAA did not intend to affect those in the military or those of us who fly on ICAO licences.