PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Acrylic or Polyurethane paint? Etc...
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2012, 07:16
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The respirator I use is the 4277 or (got some coming) the 4279. However I am not using a spray booth; I do it next to a wide open outside door.

The spray gun is work in progress Got the gun; just got the pressure gauge for it before I use it properly. Currently still using the airbrush. The gun is certainly a lot easier to clean than an airbrush.

The funny thing about 2K paints is that everybody and their dog is making them. For example the hardener for the primer and base is made in Egypt and is a completely different brand.

I am unable to find the website link posted by werewolf, on the mapaero website. Maybe Mapaero do ship direct to the UK for 60 euros, but I don't want to buy 5kg. Actually I would be amazed if anybody shipped HAZMAT 5kg by courier from France to the UK for 60 euros...

For the small parts, an exact colour match is not important because it is apparent that the small Socata parts (e.g. landing gear door linkages) were sprayed in straight white.

Regards the metallic lacquer, the metal content is very very thin and one needs to apply several coats to be able to see it, and yes I am stirring it very adequately. So, it is not hard to get the desired effect. I just haven't got the hardener so I am not using it.