PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your UK CAA I/R lapsed by more than 7/6/3 years?
Old 8th Mar 2012, 10:27
airwaves747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:CAA reply

Hi Guys

I am in a similar situation to most of you with my IR in the UK being more than 7 years ago, this is the letter i received from the nice lady in the CAA :

Thank you for your e-mail received regarding the renewal of your licence

Requirements and documentation for renewal of your licence can be found in LASORS, which is a self-assessment guide to UK and JAR Flight Crew Requirements, under section G5. I have attached a link below for your reference.

LASORS: LASORS 2010 | Publications | CAA - Please also refer to 'Amendments to LASORS 2010' within this link.

Once these requirements have been met the following documents are required upon application: -

* Application Form SRG1102
* A copy of your current JAR Class 1 Medical Certificate
* A copy of your certificate of test page confirming that a current type/class rating has been held in the last 5 years.
* Current fee of £136.00 on application form SRG1187

If your licence has expired, please ensure you complete section 4a 'Date of last Pilot-In-Command flight (under privileges of UK licence)'.

Please note if the Instrument Rating on your UK National or JAA Licence has expired by more than seven years, please also refer to section E1.5 regarding instrument rating renewal.

With regards to transferring your A330 from your Hong Kong licence I recommend you look at LASORS section F9.1. If your A330 is Co-Pilot or P2 please refer to LASORS F9.2:

LASORS: LASORS 2010 | Publications | CAA - Please also refer to 'Amendments to LASORS 2010' within this link.

Once the above requirements have been met the following documents are required: -

* Application form SRG1119
* Current fee of £119.00 on application form SRG1187
* Original Logbook
* Original ICAO licence, or a copy certified by your Operating Company

EU European legislation (EASA) is due to come into force on the 8th April 2012 which is going to change the pilot licensing rules and will affect the privileges of many existing licence holders. The current UK Military Accreditation Scheme and ICAO ECAC licence conversions (LASORS G1.5 'Note 1' and 'Note 2') will cease on the 8th April 2012. Any UK Military or ICAO ECAC licence Conversion applications received after the 7th April 2012 will not be issued under the current arrangements.

All of the current information that we have is available on our website. Please refer to the link below:

EASA Updates and FAQ's - Licensing and Training Standards | EASA | Safety Regulation

To view sections of LASORS or other CAA documents from the web site you will need a copy of Acrobat Reader on your computer. Depending on the speed of your computer and Internet connection, it may take a short while to download a document before you are able to read it.

If you have any queries relating to this email, please do not hesitate to visit our web site at Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation or alternatively contact our Licensing Team on 01293-573700.

Kind regards

Miss Natalie Goodman
Licensing Officer
Licensing & Training Standards
Civil Aviation Authority UK

i have joined BALPA and they have sent letters to the CAA regarding this matter, and have had the usual CAA response. Their legal department has been in touch with EASA on this matter as they feel the CAA is interpreting the rules most stringently than other states.

Its only 24 GBP to join BALP if you are outside the UK, maybe if we can get as many people as possible to join the action we can get something done about it.

I maybe won't use the licence again, but i spent enough getting it in the first place and it seems a shame to let it go because of this.