PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation 750 down in Egelsbach.
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2012, 10:41
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please accept my condolences as well. It is too unfortunate that your Jon allowed this cowboy-pilot (that's how I call these "special owner-pilots") to continue the approach under the given circumstances. No, I don't want to blame him. Let's hope that only good thing out of this accident is, that other pilots flying with cowboy-pilots will speak up and rather live and lose their job than die for a job. Yes, Netjets owns a majority stake at Egelsbach Airport and they would like to extend the runway and install an instrument landing system (be it an ILS or a GPS-approach) as soon as possible. Unfortunately there is too much political pressure on this whole project. People living in the cities around Egelsbach are afraid that Egelsbach could get much more traffic and that their houses would decrease in value (aircraft "noise"...). That's why here in Germany it takes many, many years to get such a project approved and then carried out. Let's hope that these were the last fatalities because of politics.