PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Got to be careful with dates on TAFs
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2012, 06:08
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if it is a leap year issue.... I would be suprised if that site or any other site actually looked at the data. The metars and tafs are fed into the AFTN (or whatever it is now) distribution system by each ICAO contracting state in the specific format and nobody should have any need to decompose them.

I have a semi-private site (running on my own server) which presents various essential wx items in a compact form, with font specifications, advertising etc stripped off, for airborne satellite phone (9.6kbits/sec) use. It uses a mixture of client-side javascript and server based C/PHP code to do it. We had problems with that too recently on the tafs, but it wasn't down to the dates; it was a change of format by ADDS whereby they added the word TAF before the airport code. I think that broke a large number of free wx sites at the same time.

Gotta be careful with dates anywhere and anytime and especially on internet dating sites! Been there, tried that!
Actually I'd say that internet dating is a really good way to get a partner who doesn't resent your flying Highly recommended