PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2012, 10:58
drive73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At,

I defiantly am not bitter, other than having a large amount of money stolen, but I suspect most people would be. I had a great career and have no regrets. I do however understand that luck plays a large roll in an uneventful career, especially in aviation and certainly back before good work rules and equipment.

You however seem to think your career success, if true is due to your own godly skills. If you investigated accidents I am amazed you made up the captain was autocratic and uncaring of his fo's concerns. The fact you seem to miss, mr investigator, is why this captain was so fixated on this approach he never responded to his fo or the calls from the jet or why he didn't recognize he was on the false slope for so long or even why he didn't recognize the descent wasn't initiated until much to late. Why with his experience he tried a go around after reverser deployment. As an instructor for many years those are the things I as an investigator would want to find out. Why did a captain with no history of unstable approaches do this? The answer is far more important than assigning blame, which is what you choose to do. We all know the Crew screwed up, it's why that is important. Investigating cause of an accident is only a part of correcting a problem, determining why the cause happened is another part and correcting it is the final part. Your much to happy to make up a story about a drunk on power captain who ignored and ridiculed his fo as the cause. To you it is the simple answer easy and easy to correct, but there is much more going on here than that. As an investigator you should know this by reading the report, even I as a pilot can see human factors were a big factor in this accident.

Last edited by drive73; 26th Feb 2012 at 02:57.