PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 12:12
babotika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This cadet bashing is getting a little out of hand I think. Everyone was a cadet once, somewhere, and learnt how to fly somehow. Some did it flying tin-can air taxi or single pilot IFR, others (over half of BA's pilots?) went straight to a jet.

For all intents and purposes I did too but with one major difference to the CTC/OAA arrangement: I was payed the same amount as any other FO in the airline with similar experience - DEFOs were continuously being hired off instructing/TP jobs, and they didn't make any money out of training people - almost to the contrary, TRs were company funded against a bond.
I was only released from training, after 70 sectors, when I had demonstrated the ability to fly from TOD to landing single pilot in not-so-nice weather and knew a good chunk of the OM and FCOMs by memory. Maybe a bit drastic but definitely not the minimum-training-and-it'll-be-fine-attitude in orange land.

My point is cadets shouldn't be a problem if the training is done properly. Sending people onto the line without being properly trained is unfair both crew.