PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 12:11
angelorange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug TH: Good summary.

The only reason the "H" word was mentioned in the first place was to demonstrate how far this CTC/ARL/Flexi/P2F scheme has gone. The next step for the schools to promote their MPL as the only way to become an airline pilot.

EZY have not recruited experienced crews for the past 4 years (unless they had well over 500h on an A320). TRSS closed in 2008.

If someone with vast (or even 1500h flying) experience, whether Civilian or Military background can't get a look in because of such exclusive deals between employers and schools then even HR should not need a degree to appreciate that the pilot skill levels in their airline cockpits is being diluted.

The consequences will eventually fall on the CEOs and more sadly on fellow pilots and the traveling public.

HPBleed - It is sad to hear you seem to agree that some do fly like idiots and lack confidence. Perhaps this is in part due to Captains expecting very high standards and lacking a little patience due to stress levels in the cockpit?

I am not against cadets. I am against them being taken for a ride by companies who should know better. And I am against exclusive recruiting that ignores genuine talent in the name of profits. A cadet route is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of but it should not be over 20% let alone 70% of the workforce. There are other ways to get into flying.

You stop being a cadet when you believe otherwise - probably after Line Check or maybe when you've got confidence in your own flying abilities. Some say you don't know an aircraft till your flown it for 1000h. Me I keep learning. The day I stop is the day I really get old!

Last edited by angelorange; 21st Feb 2012 at 12:32.