PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher - whats their game plan
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 08:02
stiknruddr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ thegrapevine

Not clear as to what you are implying about the pilot in question.

He is an ex air force pilot with more than 10 yrs commercial flying experience and has a proven track record as one of the best ground school instructors for DGCA exams.

Are you doubting his competence?

His interpersonal skills are another matter entirely but I do not believe he lacks expertise or knowledge

I would also like to know what you have against Ex IAF pilots joining the airlines.
They have thousands of hrs of experience flying jets and high performance ones at that. they join the airlines with ATPL in hand and so can be groomed for command much faster than freshers. Does their past experience and maturity not qualify them as transition captains?
It would take a fresh CPL DEC at least 2 years to build the necessary hours for ATPL issuance, not to mention the skill required for command, which sometimes takes longer.
In addition, there are many first officers in all the airlines who are unable to clear the atpl exams even though they have the necessary hours. I would rather have the IAF pilots as commanders and transition captains. at least they have the experience and have cleared the necessary papers to get their ATPL.

By the way, this is not just the case here but all over the world, you are welcome to prove me wrong if you can find facts that say otherwise.